BEST EVER MOLASSES COOKIES - My Like&Share
Best Ever Molasses Cookies have a slightly crisp sugar coated edge and a soft and chewy center. These are the perfect holiday cookie!
These cookies are perfect as they are but I decided to make them more festive. We dipped them in white chocolate and added Christmas sprinkles. They turned out so amazing!
These cookies are such a classic. They make the perfect Christmas cookie and are the perfect addition to that Christmas cookie plate! I know that your family will love this recipe just as much as we did!
- ¾ cup shortening
- ¼ cup molasses
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cloves
- ½ teaspoon ginger
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Optional 1 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or use cooking spray.
- Melt the shortening in a small saucepan or in the microwave and let cool. Add the sugar, molasses, and egg and mix until incorporated.
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl, add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Add this to the wet mixture and mix until it forms a dough and is incorporated.
- Scoop into one inch balls and roll in sugar and place 2 inches apart. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Let cool on a wire rack and dip in white chocolate if desired.
- If dipping in chocolate: melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl stirring after 30 seconds until melted.