CHICKEN FRIED STEAK WITH COUNTRY GRAVY
no doubt, one of the final comfort ingredients is bird fried steak with united states gravy. This selfmade hen fried steak is fried to perfection, crispy and crunchy, and then is smothered in a white, creamy, united states of america gravy served with the fine mashed potatoes and scrumptious entire kernel, buttery corn, for a great Southern style meal.
This conventional Southern recipe is a own family preferred. terrific crispy, outstanding crunchy and amazing delicious all smothered inside the delicious tasting, peppery, united states gravy.
Cubed steaks are tenderized pieces of beef that are breaded in flour, then dipped into an egg aggregate, then right into a seasoned flour combination, then fried to a crispy golden brown texture, making this conventional favored recipe a great Southern dish.
Do you already know why chicken fried steak is called bird fried steak? It’s due to the fact it is cooked similar to the way fried hen is cooked. Breaded, dipped into an egg mixture, again right into a seasoned flour aggregate after which fried to perfection in a solid iron pan after which served with a white peppery united states gravy. when I lived in Cali, there has been a touch hole within the wall area that served the excellent bird fried steak. i'd order that every single time we went out to breakfast. That hen fried steak became notable. Oh, and that they continually served such generous portions. needless to say, fowl fried steak with united states of america gravy is my absolute favorite breakfast meals. Having this scrumptious meal for dinner with mashed potatoes is likewise some other favourite. a really perfect Southern fashion meal that’s exact for the soul.
For the Chicken Fried Steak
- 4 large cubed steaks
- 1 1/3 cup all purpose flour, divided
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp red crushed peppers
- 1 tsp dried parsley
- 1+ cups vegetable oil
For the Country Gravy
- Drippings from steaks
- 2 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 tsp Slap Ya Mama seasoning
- 1 tsp pepper
- Salt to taste
For the chicken Fried Steak
- Pour oil into a huge solid iron pan about 1/4" excessive and heat over medium warmth. make certain that the oil is heated just proper. while you flick a little water into the oil and it crackles and you see it glistening, then it is just proper.
- Dry off every steak with paper towels to soak up the more liquid.
- even as the oil is heating up, put together 3 specific bowls which are big enough for the steaks. Divide the flour in half, and within the first bowl positioned 1/2 of the flour, the second bowl has eggs and buttermilk whisked together, and the third bowl has the alternative half of the flour blended with all of the seasonings.
- once the oil is ready, area one steak into the flour combination, then to the egg mixture and finally into the flour with seasoning aggregate then into the pan.
- area two steaks at a time into the pan and prepare dinner for four mins on each side. once the primary steaks are cooked, area on a plate covered with paper towels and area into a preheated oven at a hundred seventy five° to hold heat whilst the relaxation of the steaks are being cooked.
- Repeat the coating procedure for the alternative two steaks. make sure to coat the steaks right earlier than they're going into the pan.
For the united states of america Gravy
- turn heat off and take away extra oil except maintain a tablespoon plus all of the drippings from the steaks.
- turn warmth back to medium, sprinkle the flour into pan and scrape up the steak drippings from the bottom. prepare dinner for a pair minutes then pour milk into pan. preserve stirring constantly over medium warmness until gravy comes to a boil. lessen heat and continue cooking till gravy thickens up. add seasoning and salt and pepper to taste.
- If the gravy receives too thick after it has cooled, add a touch milk to thin it out.
- once gravy is achieved, do away with steaks from oven, cover with gravy, serve with mashed potatoes and corn or your preferred vegetables.