CRUMB-TOPPED APPLE COFFEE CAKE - My Like&Share
This Crumb-Topped Apple Coffee Cake is perfect for fall! Greek yogurt and extra apples keep it moist and a crunchy crumb topping gives it extra decadence!
- ½ cup canola oil (or other)
- 2 large eggs
- 1¼ cups brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 cups flour (I use half whole wheat), fluffed and scooped
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tart baking apples, chopped (Granny Smith or other)
- ½ cup melted butter
- ¾ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" Springform pan and set aside.
- In a large bowl, Whisk together oil and brown sugar until combined. Add yogurt, eggs and vanilla and stir until smooth.
- Add flour, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt and stir just until combined. Stir in apples and pour into prepared pan.
- To make the streusel, stir together butter, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon until a crumbly dough forms. Sprinkle over top the cake batter.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. If the top is browning too quickly, simply cover with a piece of tin foil for the remaining bake time.
- Cake can be stored at room temperature for up to 24 hours, or in the refrigerator up to 5 days. It also freezes perfectly, up to 3 months.