DIPPABLE CINNAMON SUGAR PUFF PASTRY SQUARES
Fluffy Puff Pastry squares crowned with a baked layer of cinnamon sugar and served with selfmade vanilla whipped cream for dipping.
the vacation season is upon us, and in my world, meaning handiest one factor:
plenty of amusing ingredients to feed a party!
those who recognize this little meals blog are familiar with how a lot i really like hors d’oeuvres. whether it’s making them or stalking putting out at a totally decked serving desk, there’s not anything I revel in extra than plates upon plates of smooth ingredients you could just seize and pass.
And that, my pals, brings me to nowadays’s recipe: these cinnamon sugar Puff Pastry squares.
And the first-class part approximately this recipe? i used to be able to throw it collectively in a flash with little to no prep concerned.
the vacation season is all about getting together and wonderful, and even as the ones events can be planned weeks in advance, there are those possibilities crop up when you least assume it. It’s continually exquisite to have a recipe “on hand” that you may make at a moments be aware, and that’s exactly why I continually have a few bins of Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets in my freezer.
PUFF PASTRY SQUARES
- 2 Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry Sheets thawed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- assorted fruit optional
- powdered sugar for garnish, optional
VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cup heavy whipping cream
FOR THE PUFF PASTRY SQUARES
- Preheat oven to four hundred degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, then set apart.
- In a small bowl, beat together egg and vanilla, then set close by.
- In any other small bowl, blend collectively granulated sugar and cinnamon, then set close by.
- spread a puff Pastry Sheet on a lightly floured floor. Brush the egg wash (the beaten egg combination) at the Puff Pastry Sheets until absolutely covered. finish through protecting each Puff Pastry Sheet thoroughly with the cinnamon sugar aggregate.
- cut Puff Pastry Sheet into 16 squares (three cuts on each aspect - use the above video as an example.) Repeat step for the second one Puff Pastry Sheet. transfer Puff Pastry squares to prepared baking sheet.
- Bake Puff Pastry squares for 20-25 minutes or till puffy (generally 1-2 inches excessive). at the same time as the squares bake, put together the vanilla whipped cream (see beneath).
- permit Puff Pastry squares cool 5 minutes earlier than serving.
FOR THE VANILLA WHIPPED CREAM
- the use of a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + big bowl), upload powdered sugar, vanilla, and heavy whipping cream. Beat on high till stiff peaks shape, approximately 5-7 minutes.
- setting it all together
- add vanilla whipped cream to a bowl and serve with prepared cinnamon sugar Puff Pastry squares. If desired, serve with diverse fruit (I used raspberries, blackberries, and blueberries) and dirt the tops of the fruit and squares with more powdered sugar.