HAM AND CHEESE EGG BOATS
Here’s some thing exclusive to add to the breakfast menu. Ham and cheese egg boats are loaded with specific forms of cheese, ham, onions and eggs, and then placed into a country french loaf of bread and baked to perfection.
|HAM AND CHEESE EGG BOATS|
Basically, cut a within the pinnacle of both loaves of bread, lengthwise, and do away with the internal bread however make certain to depart about half inch of bread across the inside edges (the united states french bread is smaller than a regular loaf of french bread). dice up the onions and ham and fry for approximately 5 mins. Whisk eggs and heavy cream collectively, then upload onions and ham to the egg combination. Stir in each cheeses and fill the bread. replace the pinnacle piece of bread, wrap both loaves in foil and baked for forty five – 55 mins. as soon as executed, eliminate top piece of bread and upload a bit greater cheese to the top. Slice and experience!
- 12-15 eggs, large
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 lb slab of ham, diced small
- 3/4 cup onions, chopped small
- 1 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 1/2 cups mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/2 tsp garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 2 country french loaves of bread from Costco
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a medium blending bowl, whisk eggs, heavy cream, garlic salt, salt and pepper collectively till combined.
- In a massive frying pan, prepare dinner onions and ham for about 5 mins then upload to egg combination.
- Stir in each cheeses and mix nicely.
- reduce a v-form cut lengthwise within the pinnacle of both loaves of bread.
- cast off the internal bread, leaving approximately half - 3/4 inch along the bottom and facets.
- Fill with ham and egg mixture
- Wrap in foil and bake for forty five-55 minutes.
- remove foil and preserve baking till performed.
- pinnacle with additional cheese and enjoy.