HATCH GREEN CHILE CHICKEN ENCHILADA CASSEROLE
This Hatch inexperienced Chile bird Enchilada Casserole is complete of scrumptious hatch chile flavor, loaded with cheese, sour cream and shredded chicken that has first been cooked within the crock pot.
Hatch inexperienced chile hen enchilada casserole tastes scrumptious and has that excellent smoky flavor that hatch chiles are recognised for. if you love hatch chiles, you are going to love this recipe. If these scrumptious chiles are not available in which you live, you may use Anaheim peppers instead.
the primary of August thru the cease of September is hatch chile season and these clean, authentic chiles may be observed most effective for a short time within the local grocery stores. given that moving to Texas at the beginning of the 12 months, we have been anxiously watching for hatch chile season specifically knowing all of the exceptional type of recipes that can be made with those scrumptious chiles.
start off by making the chicken in a 6 quart crock pot. as soon as the chook has cooked, shred and keep cooking for some other half of over or so. subsequent, spray a huge baking dish with a non stick spray and pour approximately a cup of enchilada sauce into the lowest of the baking dish.
- 5 chicken breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 lg onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 large New Mexico Hatch chiles, roasted, seeded, peeled, chopped
- 10 oz can green chile enchilada sauce
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp pepper
- 28 oz can green chile enchilada sauce
- 16 oz sour cream
- 6 cups Monterey Jack cheese, grated
- 2 3.8 oz cans black olives, sliced
- 24+ corn tortillas
- Spray a 6 quart crock pot with a non stick spray.
- upload onions, garlic, chook breasts, *roasted Hatch chiles to crock pot and pour a 15 ozcan of green enchilada sauce over bird, sprinkle with cumin and pepper.
- cover and cook dinner on excessive for 5-6 hours. once executed, shred bird and leave in crock pot until geared up to bring together the enchiladas, then scoop out shredded fowl with a slotted spoon to take away the excess liquid when including to baking dish.
To bring together The Enchiladas
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spray a massive baking dish with a non stick spray and pour about a cup of enchilada sauce into the lowest (I used a 14 x 11 1/2 x 2 1/4 baking dish).
- In a medium saucepan, pour the 28 ouncescan of green enchilada sauce into the pan. switch on medium and once heated, dip every corn tortilla into the sauce.
- upload a layer of tortillas to the lowest of dish if you want to overlay on every different.
- Spoon approximately four -5 heaping tablespoons of sour cream onto the tortillas and unfold out overlaying as much of the tortillas as possible.
- add a layer of shredded chicken, cheese, olives after which repeat the layering again finishing with a layer of tortillas, cheese and black olives.
- cowl with foil and bake for 60 minutes, eliminate foil and place returned within the oven for an extra 15 mins.
- get rid of from oven and serve with beans and rice.
- the way to roast chiles: area chiles on a foil lined baking sheet. region in 500° oven at the pinnacle shelf and roast for approximately 7-8 minutes on each side. cautiously get rid of from baking sheet and location in a large baggie. Seal and permit steam for approximately 10 minutes. cast off one at a time and peel the pores and skin from each chile. cut off stem and do away with seeds. Chop, upload to crock pot on pinnacle of hen.