MASHED POTATO PANCAKES - My Like&Share
Transform spare spuds into this short and easy recipe for tacky Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes!
We’re t-minus 24 hours far from the banquet to give up all feasts. whether your menu is already set, otherwise you’re making some last-minute additions, one thing is sure: you will have leftovers this Thanksgiving.
Chances are the ones leftovers will middle at the huge fowl and the starchiest side. So in case you’re staring down a mountain of leftover turkey, look no in addition than my recipe for Leftover Turkey Pot Pie with Cheddar Biscuit Crust. And if you locate yourself with a surplus of spuds, this recipe for cheesy Leftover Mashed Potato Pancakes is your quick and smooth opportunity to definitely rewarming the extras.
- 3 cups chilled leftover mashed potatoes
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tablespoons chopped scallions, green and white parts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- Vegetable oil, for pan-frying
- Sour cream, for serving
- In a massive bowl, stir collectively the mashed potatoes, cheese, scallions, egg and three tablespoons flour until combined. (See Kelly's Notes.) the use of your fingers, divide the aggregate into 12 quantities. Roll each element right into a compact ball then flatten it into a pancake approximately a half-inch-thick.
- Location the remaining half of cup of flour in a shallow dish and carefully dredge every pancake within the flour.
- Warmth three to 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium warmness. (upload enough oil to very well coat the lowest of the pan.)
- Fry the pancakes, in batches, till they're golden brown and crispy on each sides, 3 to four mins. upload extra oil to the pan as wanted among batches. (Do now not overcrowd the pan and do no longer flip the pancakes too quickly or they may not develop a crisp crust.) transfer the pancakes to a paper towel-covered plate and right now sprinkle them with salt.
- Serve the potato pancakes crowned with sour cream and garnished with additional chopped scallions.