PUMPKIN PUDDING CAKE - My Like&Share
This Pumpkin Pudding Cake is hot, gooey dessert perfection! It would make a great finish to any fall or Thanksgiving dinner topped with a scoop of ice cream!
- 1½ cups flour (whole wheat or all purpose)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ cup + 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed, divided
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- pinch of nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- pinch of cloves
- ¾ cup pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling!)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- ⅓ cup milk
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1¼ cup hot or boiling water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease a 9" pie plate or baking dish and set aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together the flour, ¾ cup brown sugar, baking powder, cinnamon, salt, nutmeg and cloves with a spoon.
- Add in pumpkin, milk, oil and vanilla and stir until a thick batter forms. Spread evenly into prepared pie plate.
- In a small bowl, stir together 1 cup brown sugar and corn starch until there are no clumps. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Add butter to hot water and stir until melted. Pour over brown sugar mixture in pan.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until top is completely set (keep in mind that there is a thick layer of caramel sauce in the bottom, so it may jiggle). Let sit for 5-10 minutes before serving.
- Leftovers can be stored in the refrigerator and reheat perfectly!