RAINBOW POWER KALE SALAD WITH PEANUT DIJON DRESSING
This colourful and nutrient-dense kale strength salad is the perfect make beforehand meal! packed with crunchy veggies and a peanut dijon dressing!
I guess you can say i am over, warm, hearty and stick with your bones dishes (even though as I write this, it is 2 levels and i'm yearning a massive ol bowl of hen and dumplings! Bi polar a whole lot?). and inviting all colourful, sparkling and wholesome salads that i can make me feel simply as exact on the inside as this salad seems on the outdoor.
I am so ecstatic about this salad. the colors. The flavors. the entirety! Did I point out the colors?
I had copious amounts of kale, red peppers, pink cabbage and carrots mendacity around. rather than locating individual recipes to apply them for, I threw them all collectively as i've been yearning massive, colorful salads lately. normally for nutritious reasons but secondly due to the fact when i get hungry among photographing and cleansing, I want some thing now. And more times than no longer, it isn't always what i'm running on. Oh the problems of the food running a blog.
Kale is all of the rage. even as a few years in the past, you'll have seen me including spinach to all my salads. And while I nevertheless love spinach in salads and dishes, kale is its bigger brother which can hold up to some warmth in soups and pasta, and can still hold its shape in premade salads. Making it perfect to make on a Sunday, prepped and just waiting for for lunch time at some stage in the week.
- 1 large bunch kale, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 1/2 cups julienned carrots
- 1/2 head purple cabbage, sliced
- 2 cups finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 3/4 cup peanuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1/2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic
- Toss all kale, pink bell pepper, carrots, cabbage, broccoli and chickpeas collectively in a large bowl. Set aside.
- In a small blender, put together the dressing.
- whilst prepared to serve, add 2 tablespoons, according to serving, over the salad and toss. top with chopped peanuts.