SKILLET SWEET POTATO SHEPHERDS PIE
Skillet Sweet Potato Shepherds Pie is such a classic comfort food that is perfect for busy nights. This hearty meal is easy to make and will please the entire family!
HOW TO MAKE SHEPHERDS PIE
- You start preparing the meal by boiling sweet potatoes until fork tender.
- You brown the ground beef and onion, add some frozen mixed vegetables and easy pour the gravy in the skillet. Let that thicken up and top with your mashed sweet potatoes.
- Bake it in the oven until heated through and broil the top to crisp the potatoes.
Not only will your family love this meal but its a total win for you because it is all made in one skillet! I love having less dishes to do on a busy school night. This is the perfect balanced meal in one that the entire family will go crazy for. You are especially going to love the gravy in this. Not only does it make a great additive to a recipe you are creating, it is also delicious by itself and perfect for when you want to simplify your life.
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- Salt and Pepper
- 3 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 teaspoons worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (12 ounce) McCormick Simply Better Beef Gravy
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- In a large pot of water add sweet potatoes and bring to a boil over medium high heat. Boil for about 20 minutes or until fork tender. Drain the water. Mash with the butter and add salt and pepper to taste.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a medium sized skillet add the ground beef and onion. Salt and pepper to taste. Cook and crumble the beef until no longer pink and onions are tender. Drain the grease. Add frozen vegetables and beef gravy. Simmer for 4-5 minutes until the mixture starts to thicken.
- Spoon the mashed sweet potatoes on top of the mixture. Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes until heated throughout. Broil the top of the potatoes for 2-3 minutes until it has browned.