STRAWBERRY CREAM CHEESE BREAD - My Like&Share
This cake-like strawberry cream cheese bread is filled with sweet strawberries and a pinch of cinnamon. best for the use of up fresh or frozen strawberries.
no matter what time of 12 months it's miles, it’s continually an excellent time for strawberries.
And as for me, my absolute favourite way to experience strawberries is in strawberry cream cheese bread.
Don’t allow the call fool you. this could be a bread in all the classic approaches – it’s baked in a pan, it turns into a loaf, it may be sliced – but this bread has the feel of an extremely dense and moist cake.
That is probably my preferred a part of this bread, due to the fact whilst bread is absolutely perfect to have for breakfast… a slice of this bread is like having dessert for breakfast.
This bread does include cream cheese, and it’s no longer used as a “flavor layer” or a glaze – it’s virtually combined and baked inside the bread itself.
CREAM CHEESE STRAWBERRY BREAD
- 2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon ground
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 4 oz cream cheese softened
- 2 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 1/2 cup fresh strawberries quartered or chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 tiers F. prepare a 9x5 bread loaf pan by way of generously spraying the bottoms and aspect with cooking spray, then set pan apart.
- In a massive bowl, sift collectively flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. Set bowl apart.
- the usage of a stand mixer (or a hand mixer + big bowl), whip together butter, sugar, and cream cheese on medium-high pace till fluffy, approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Drop mixer speed to low and add eggs, buttermilk, and vanilla. mix till all substances are just blended, mainly the egg yolks, approximately 1-2 minutes.
- keeping mixer pace on low, slowly scoop inside the dry elements, approximately half of cup at a time. mix till dry elements include and there are minimum clumps, approximately 2-3 mins.
- get rid of bowl from mixer. upload strawberries to bowl and use a spatula to softly fold them into the batter.
- Pour bread dough into the organized pan. be sure to leave at least 1-inch headspace among the dough and the top fringe of the bread pan; if wanted, discard any dough that doesn't fit (bread will spill over edges at the same time as baking if pan is stuffed too excessive). Push the dough in order that it fits into the corners, however do no longer clean out pinnacle. Leaving a rippled pinnacle at the bread is advocated.
- cowl pan loosely with aluminum foil (tip: make a tent above center of bread) and bake for half-hour. remove foil and bake for another 25-30 minutes. prepare dinner time might also range relying on the juiciness of the strawberries. Bread is completed when a tester inserted within the center comes out absolutely clean.
- allow bread to chill inside the pan for 15-25 mins, then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool absolutely.
- Serve bread as soon as cooled. Bread can be saved in a sealed field (or tightly included) for up to 6 days. As with most wet breads, flavor is intensified with the aid of day 2.