STUFFED CABBAGE SOUP - My Like&Share
Stuffed Cabbage Soup made with ground beef, rice, cabbage and fresh tomato sauce on your stovetop in just thirty minutes.
Stuffed Cabbage Soup, like Stuffed Cabbage Casserole is an easier and less involved recipe than the classic stuffed cabbage rolls your grandma used to make.
HOW TO MAKE THE ULTIMATE STUFFED CABBAGE SOUP:
- Start by browning the beef really well, getting a good deep browning on the meat.
- Second, remove the beef you add in the cabbage in a couple of batches, browning the cabbage on high heat before adding in the rest of the ingredients.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon Kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 can chopped tomatoes, 8 ounces - not drained
- 1 head cabbage, cut into 8 wedges and sliced thickly
- 3 cups beef broth
- 28 ounces crushed tomatoes
- 3 cups rice, cooked
- In a dutch oven on high heat add the ground beef.
- Season the beef with kosher salt and black pepper.
- Brown the beef well and crumble it into large crumbles.
- Remove from the pan, then add in the onion and half the butter.
- Cook for 3-4 minutes or until just browning.
- Remove onions to the same dish as the beef.
- Add in the remaining butter and cabbage and cook on high heat until cabbage is wilted and browned.
- Add the beef and onion mixture into the pan.
- Add in the crushed tomatoes, beef stock and chopped tomatoes and let simmer for 15-20 minutes.
- Add in the rice just before serving and stir gently.